Saturday, June 14, 2014

Mobile Thing 9

I've learned something about myself during Thing 9 and 10.  I'm a huge vacation photographer, but could pretty much care less about capturing my day-to-day life.  I tried all the suggested apps and liked half of them.  I do make a lot of gifts for family and friends, and do like to record the finished products before I give them away.  Color Splurge gave a neat effect to some of these photos.
While I was intrigued by the concept of CamMe, I had a really hard time getting it to work in the selfie mode without having a significant distance.  I watched the video and saw that the devices were propped up to get full-length shots.  This is a scenario I can't envision, but will probably keep the app...you just can't ever be too sure.

Between the two photo editing apps, I definitely preferred Aviary over LINE Camera.  LINE Camera seemed more putzy to use whereas Aviary was more intuitive.  What I thought was interesting (strange) was that if you click on More for sharing from Aviary, some of the choices are apps that basically do the exact same thing.  Here's the image I did in Aviary:
Why would I share this image out to Skitch or LINE Camera?  The arrows and labeling are what I would normally/previously have done in Skitch.  I really like how the images can be shared with the variety of cloud storage like Drive, SugarSync, Dropbox, Box, etc. and in apps like Doceri and Springpad ( :-( which is not around for much longer).

No comments:

Post a Comment