Sunday, June 15, 2014

Mobile Thing 21

My favorites?!?

LibraryThing - Two years ago I found myself regularly purchasing books, only to arrive home and find it sitting on the shelf already.  After years of warehouse sales, conventions and conferences and general shopping, I had no clue what I actually owned versus titles I had heard about or read reviews of.  I decided one of my summer projects would be to catalog my home collection, and LibraryThing seemed to be the way to go.  It had a free account limit of 200-250 titles, and I'm glad I opted for the lifelong, one-time fee of $25 because by the end of that summer, I had 1400 titles cataloged.  It's now increased to almost 1700, and that is a list very handy to have available when standing at the store!

LOCPix - Kind of like what I was hoping LIFE for iPad would provide, LOCPix has all the photography collections digitized by the Library of Congress, available by collection.  Individual images can be saved as a favorite and prints can be ordered from the LOC.

Camera Zoo - Another fun photo app.  First graders used this app to photograph their partners as an animal (seven options to choose from).  Super cute and they had a ton of fun!!

Pocket - I've already mentioned this in one of the earliest Things, but Pocket can be attached to an RSS reader like Feedly, and with a single tap save blog posts into you Pocket.  Then within the Pocket app, folders and tags can be used to organize anything saved into pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment