Sunday, June 15, 2014

Mobile Thing 16

I found it somewhat ironic that while exploring Thing 16, Audio, I was re-watching The King's Speech.  With all the scenes in front of a microphone, it seemed apropos to try the three audio apps suggested.

Audioboo was on the AASL top recommended sites/apps probably three years ago.  Initially, I remembered it just having the recording function, with audio files then being exported and could be posted/shared separately.  This fall the music teacher was having students use Audioboo and reported that with the added ability to search and follow channels, we had students searching for inappropriate content.  I've never had an issue with teaching students, as part of responsible use, to avoid galleries or channels, especially in a school setting, that they know would be inappropriate, but also understand others' unwillingness to deal with students' temptations.

iPadio and SoundCloud were rather similar to each other, but I did like how SoundCloud easily offered recordings to be saved privately; not forcing a user to search for how to do that.  I can't stand the sound of my voice recorded, so being able to let a recording "mature" in a private setting might give an opportunity for me to establish a slight distance from it before sharing with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment