Sunday, June 15, 2014

Mobile Thing 17

I was very disappointed that the three apps in Connecting to the Community, I was not able to find or install.  Minneapolis Skyway and MN Museums could not be found in the Apple App Store.  I tried the links, searching directly in the app store and also navigating from the organization websites.  And what's the deal with MN Beer Activists only being available for Android devices?!?  I know a ton of beer enthusiasts that are Apple users, so they are losing out on a major section of the market!

The one app I did (will) find useful in this Thing was the MN State Fair app...although it is still shows 2013 information.  I hope this singular app will be updated for 2014, rather than creating a new 2014 app that people will need to search for and install.  A local, favorite bakery has recently reopened and applied for inclusion in the State Fair, so I'd definitely use the app to locate a Han's Bakery bee sting at the Fair this year!  YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment