Saturday, June 14, 2014

Mobile Thing 12

Ha ha ha, I can't believe I'm about to put this in print, but the last thing I need is more books, print or digital!  Between the almost 1700 print books I own, the hundreds I have checked out to myself from my school library collection, the 1600 Kindle books and ebooks in Bluefire, Book Shout, iBooks, etc. I don't ever worry about running out of reading material.  The one digital format I am lacking is audiobooks, so the Audiobook app is one I will keep.  It'll have to stay on the back burner though until I get caught up with podcasts...lol!

Maybe rather than apps that contain free ebooks, since the classics can mostly be found in Project Gutenburg and a lot of other freebies are self-published, this would be an appropriate venue to explore where to get notices of free ebooks.  Bookbub.com sends a daily e-mail with free or cheap (under $2.99) Amazon or Apple ebooks that are discounted for just the day or a short period of time.  NetGalley and Edelweiss are AWESOME!  You can set up a free account as a blogger, librarian, teacher, or other avid reader and request egalleys of new titles for review.  The 1600 books referenced above...every single one was free!

No comments:

Post a Comment