Sunday, June 15, 2014

Mobile Thing 18

So many choices in the Education Thing!  A few I've used for years and love, like artCircles, Socrative and TED.  I will frequently show portions of TED Talks if done by authors we are reading or on topics that apply to curriculum.  Teaching at an arts school, artCircles provides fascinating articles connecting elements of art to other aspects of daily life, which always supports the importance and relevance of the arts in our world.

For my new exploration, I added Today's Document from the National Archive and Bill Nye the Science Guy.  Once again, I was really looking forward to using LIFE for iPad, but it wasn't available in the app store and round-about searching didn't result in anything.  Whereas Bill Nye's 20th anniversary app is full of fun (first thing I tapped on was his desk drawer and got a 9-step lesson in how to tie a bow tie), Today's Document is something that I'll be able to work into the classroom.  I'm working to include more primary sources into curriculum and think this app would give a good starting point.  I'm curious whether the documents for specific dates are ever changed out.  Another reason I interested in the LIFE app as it claimed to connect to the LIFE photo archive, an addition to primary sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment