Monday, May 12, 2014

Mobile Thing 7

Woo-hoo!  Love me some Pinterest!  This is one of the few social networking tools that I appreciate the social networking aspect.  Normally I have enough of my own stuff to keep track of to a) not care what other people are looking at, saving, tracking, etc and b) figure that others could care less what I have.  I was first introduced to Pinterest by a friend who had recently become addicted to pinning.  It's also one of those sites that family members and friends who use no other social media are on and I'm able to connect with them casually.

Diigo is my bookmarking site of choice, but there is something about being able to distinguish between text content to be saved and returned to as it updated and those visual reminders of something that you want to archive.  I've sporadically used Bitly to shorten urls, more often choosing Goog.le, but hadn't considered the function of archiving and organizing the urls shortened.

No comments:

Post a Comment