Monday, May 12, 2014

Mobile Thing 4

So much for the Lenten goal.  Lent is over.  But as it's May and it seems spring still has not arrived in Minnesota, why not stay on the theme of "spring cleaning"?  I have inventory done at school, got some cleaning and organizing done around the house this last weekend, so it's time (again) to bust out a handful of blog posts!  Just a little tweaking to my original schedule, but I WILL have 23 done by the June deadline.

Keeping up... ha ha ha...hysterical!  I was actually trying to catch up on blog feeds the other day in Feedly, sending roughly half into Pocket for later real reading, when I read Morgan's post on Thing 4. Btw. thanks for the shout out, Morgan!  I desperately needed a new RSS aggregator when Google Reader ended, and for the second time I didn't get around to transferring my subscriptions over before Reader went down completely, and a quick search for a replacement steered me to Feedly.  I then desperately missed the tagging feature Reader had (although I had already lost all my saved, tagged posts, so why be so picky?) and that's what brought me around to discovering Pocket.  Still tweaking my "madness methods" for working between two apps, when I had a system for working within one.

I'm of the same thought as Morgan, in that I didn't care for Flipboard, but do like Zite.  I liked the variety of topics/themes at set-up.  If there is one area I'm lacking information it's knitting patterns (HA HA HA), so have really appreciated having more of those types of things delivered directly to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment