Monday, May 12, 2014

Mobile Thing 6

I've moved to working almost primarily in Google Drive for all my documents, spreadsheets, presentations and forms, so Quickoffice seemed the most applicable app for me in Thing 5: Creating & Editing Docs.  That made it even more confusing when I realized that I still couldn't edit Google presentations.  For documents and spreadsheets I could view, but was then sent out to either the Google Docs app or Sheets app to edit.  It reminded me of my issue with the Google Search app...why have a single app that then launches a multitude of other apps for each action?  Then I went back and actually read the description (I say it all the time, but teachers are the WORST students!) "Quickoffice is Google's app that allows you to create and edit Microsoft Office documents, spreadsheets and presentations..."  At that I opened a Powerpoint I hadn't converted when I uploaded it into my Drive and was able to edit the text and images directly in the ppt...pretty cool!  I don't know if it was the ppts. I chose to open and save, if they are especially large files or graphic heavy, but the loading and saving was pretty slow.

I also tried CloudOn, reading in the reviews that most people were connecting to their Dropbox accounts.  I was happy to see that Drive was also an option, along with Box, but again since the majority of my work these days were created in Drive, it's a little redundant.

After playing around slightly in SignNow, I don't have a current use, but am going to keep it installed for possible future needs.  If anything, I can use it to practice my finger signature, since more and more stores are using iPads and other touch screen devices for transactions and having customers sign with their finger on screens.

No comments:

Post a Comment