Monday, May 12, 2014

Mobile Thing 5

I am a total notebook, notepad, post-it note, to-do-list kind of girl!  I've found though that I have the same issue with note taking apps with the traditional paper versions.  I don't have access when I really need them, like leaving the grocery list on the kitchen counter.  At the point where I finally break down and switch to a smart phone with a data plan, the usage potential will skyrocket exponentially.  Whenever I choose to drag my iPad around in the purse, I'm thankful to have the info at hand and grateful I took time to enter said info.

Years ago I installed Remember the Milk and used it briefly, never really getting into a groove with it.  I felt like I needed something much more "in my face".  I also installed Dragon Dictation, years ago, but hadn't even opened it until this evening.  I did a test dictation, which worked pretty well and I'll keep it more in mind for those "hands free" moments.

Bamboo Paper has been on my iPad since I bought it two years ago, and I'm a little embarrassed to say that I'd choose Penultimate for basic note taking because Bamboo Paper makes me want to be more/too artistic, rather than getting the job at hand done.  Without having made any in-app purchases, the limited options of brushes, pencils, colors, etc. in Bamboo Paper distracts me to sketch and "fix and fancy" my journals.  While both Bamboo Paper and Penultimate are both very responsive, I find that my handwriting isn't as controlled regardless of using my finger or a stylus.

I recently started using Springpad, and have found a niche for my life style.  I have a lot of different interests and collections and had recently run into the issue of purchasing items, only to get home and realize that I already owned that exact item.  I've created a Springpad notebook called "Already Have", in which I've added lists of different collections to have with me when I'm in stores.  I also like the notebook "store"/gallery to download pre-formatted notebooks.  My next venture in Springpad will be to create a searchable "database" of my shoes! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment