Friday, August 20, 2010

New this season - the Hortobágy collection

My fourth and final plane touched down at MSP at 11:25 pm on Wednesday.  Thanks to my good friend Kara, I was picked up and delivered to my house around 12:30am.  I got a solid eight hours of sleep in my own bed and woke feeling completely refreshed.  I believe jet lag has been avoided!  While I've already commented on the improvement of my swollen ankles and feet situation, here is visual proof that I am returning home ready to sport my full shoe collection.

These shoes did not return to the US.  They were stained, had a small hole working through on the left pinky toe and reeked to high heaven.  But I did like how slim my ankles looked in them! ;-)

Now for the real priorities...unpacking Thursday morning.  When it comes to some things (okay, a lot of things), I'm a real geek.  While most things are still strewn across the floor, first thing I did was dig out the pottery and table linens I bought in the Hortobágy and set the kitchen table.  Like I said, one must have their priorities straight.  I just love the look of the black-on-black pottery!

After coming home from the grocery store Thursday afternoon, my garage door opener wouldn't work and close the door.  Thursday night while I rinsed a bowl in the sink, I felt dripping on my feet.  The entire garbage disposal had dropped out from under the drain.  A light bulb in the bathroom burned out.  It felt like the house was retaliating for my two month absence, the way a disgruntled pet will pee everywhere when left alone too much.  Luckily I have an awesome brother who was stoked to play with his new cordless drill.  Check here for some of Aaron's other talents, as recorded by my other pretty cool brother Adam.  The garage door is working again, the plumbing under the kitchen sink is newly replaced, and I managed to replace the burned out light bulb myself.

As a travel blog, I guess it is safe to say this is the end.  Who knows, maybe a new purpose will be discovered.  Thanks for following along...



No comments:

Post a Comment