Thursday, July 22, 2010

Seeking advice


What would you do if your foot and ankle looked like this??

About three weeks ago, after visiting Hortobágy national park in Hungary (traipsing through the fields and having a slight allergic reaction to the horses) and sitting on a tour bus for three days, my ankle was slightly swollen.  It went down but not back to its usual size.  The last two weeks have been incredibly hot and humid.  This week, both feet and ankles are swollen and puffy, the left more than the right.  It isn't painful, but I'm walking constantly (and this is not an optional activity) and my skin is starting to feel tight.  It is also butt ugly!  Everyone says it's from salt or MSG consumption, but I don't think I've been getting any more than usual in food.  Also, I've been drinking lots of water, but only mineral water is available which would contain additional sodium but again not drinking water doesn't seem like a helpful solution.  Let me know if you have any ideas of how I can get rid of this!!!

3 comments:

  1. Amy.......Does "Dr." ring a bell?????? Do they not have any? I'd also ditch those high heels. Humidity and shoes could play a big part with all that walking you are doing.

    Seriously though isn't there a place for you to have this checked out? Maybe Rachel has some ideas?
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope...no such deal, unless I want to try and track down an ER somewhere and maneuver with my nonexistent Czech skills. And you know very well, that I packed all flats, and my Birkenstocks! ;-)
    It wasn't as bad today and it's supposed to rain tonight bringing twenty degree cooler temperatures for the next week. As there is no pain involved, I think I'll end up "walking it off". I'll let you decide if the pun is intended or not. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say drink lots of fluids....especially water, put your feet up when you can and wear those Birk's!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete