Monday, July 12, 2010

As promised...

I guess I'm not the only member of the group who has posted on their blog about the hot highway helper.  Elisa had an impressive number of photos (and I just heard that Karen K. took a video...gotta get my hands on that!) but most of Elisa's pics didn't turn out real well.  As you can see from the middle photo, it was about 7pm and the sun was setting.  She was complaining that she kept getting a halo around him, to which I said that seemed appropriate.  It wasn't a halo, but a giant light blotch completely covering his face.  There are quite a few kindergarten teachers on this program, and Rita  has been taking pictures of a little folkart doll she bought in various locations, like a Flat Stanley.  She was able to add a photo to her "People in our Community" collection.

This evening a few of us went to the local mall.  There has been quite a bit of shopping done by some people and they've already discovered they need another suitcase to bring goods home.  Shipping home has been looked into, and in Hungary anyway, it is a really expensive option.  While at the mall, I went into the Bijou Brigitte jewelry boutique and found another pair of my favorite earrings that I bought four years ago in Frankfurt and were in the jewelry roll that went missing from my luggage between Mpls and Newark!  I picked up a couple other pairs of earrings and now feel more complete. 

1 comment:

  1. Amy, he is pretty cute. If I were you I would have knifed the tires! :)

    ReplyDelete