Sunday, June 27, 2010

Another princess moment

Most people reading this travel blog will have heard my princess story about staying in Rochester for the MEMO conference last October and ending up in the presidental suite at the Double Tree, so I won't bore you by repeating that, but I had another princess moment on the way to Budapest.  With all the travel tribulations so far, when the gate scanner made a horrible buzzing noise while my boarding pass was being scanned all I could think was, "Now what?!?"  It ended up I was bumped to first/business class, which on an overnight, international flight was AMAZING!!  There were 6 total participants and the Hungarian Fulbright director who were upgraded, and I have to admit that I didn't have nice, gracious feelings towards those who were told their seat assignment at the gate.

We landed around 10:30 am on Sunday and within an hour were already checked into the hotel and an hour later a group of 7 were off to the Széchenyi Fürdö baths.
Figuring the claims of healing and medicinal powers in the hot pools and steam rooms would "cure" jet lag, why not give it a try?  Perfect way to spend the first day in Budapest.  We arrived back at the hotel relaxed and rejuvenated for our Budapest orientation and welcome dinner with the Fulbright Commission and US Embassy Cultural Affairs Agent, along the Danube River (check out photo #1).  A wonderful (and FULL) first day in Budapest!

No comments:

Post a Comment